We are committed to providing you with quality financial products and services to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice and policy statement. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with member expectations is a high priority with us. Members of our credit union also have a responsibility to safeguard their financial information. If, after reading this notice and policy statement, you have a questions, please contact us at (318) 222-1979.
What follows is a description of the information we collect and disclose, including parties who receive nonpublic information from us as we conduct credit union business.
Information We Collect about You
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provided on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all of the information we collect as described above.
Parties Who Receive Information from Us
Our credit union will only share information with other companies when absolutely necessary in order to administer the products and services we provide, or when required or permitted to do so by law.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial companies, such as insurance companies and mortgage service companies; and
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies and retailers.
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to credit union service organizations or companies that perform marketing or services on our behalf as permitted by law and subject to contractual confidentiality provisions which restrict the release and use of such information. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, to conduct the operations of our credit union, to follow your instructions as you authorize, or to protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information about Former Members
If you decide to terminate your membership with POE FCU, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information is our files and computers is protected. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic information.
Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
What Members Can Do to Help
You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
POE FCU is committed to protecting the privacy of its members.
Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is in behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or telephone number changes, please let us know as soon as possible.